CHAI3DCHAI3D

normal OpenAL audio on linux

More
25 Jan 2017 17:34 #1

Hi,
I successfully compiled all the examples on linux (NixOS) and they works correctly :) However, I get no audio. Alsalib is installed so it might depend on runtime problems (pulseaudio is running for example).

Anyone can point me in the right direction? Thanks, Nicolò

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2017 18:40 #2

Thank you for your comment! Since CHAI3D uses OpenAL for the audio generation, could you try compiling and running some basic examples or applications that use the OpenAL framework? There could be come conflict between frameworks which needs to be addressed on your installation. Please let us know if you find anything.

More
31 Jan 2017 13:10 #3

Thanks for your reply,
I compiled this example: github.com/ffainelli/openal-example
and I can hear the sound with it (it's using the alut backend)

More
31 Jan 2017 13:34 #4

Thank you for testing. If you run CHAI3D example 26-video, are you able to hear the soundtrack of the video?

More
31 Jan 2017 13:52 #5

I can't (I can see the videos + toggle play with spacebar + interact with the cube but no audio)
Also, it might be of interest that creating the config file .alsoftrc under the home directory with the content:

drivers = pulse,alsa
    allow-moves = true

Does not change anything with the openal demo, while causes 26-video to segfault (Backtrace gist.github.com/nico202/590d25a96c5f4bb954679b512dc3099a)

More
31 Jan 2017 13:59 #6

Maybe the problem is regarding the static openal version included with chai? is there a cmake option to change and use the system version?