Multiple display contexts
Here are a few things to check:
- Which version of Qt and Visual Studio are you using?
- Once the application is running, are you able to adjust the zoom cursor on the left side of the window?
- At the bottom of the Window is a status bar where you should see both the haptic and graphic rates. What numbers are you getting?
- Compile the application in Debug mode and try to place a breakpoint at line 217 of file Application.cpp. Please check if this line is ever called.
I installed Qt 5.5 and I'm using Visual Studio 2013.
I can adjust the zoom cursor, hide settings, and toggle full screen mode.
Graphics Rate is 32 Hz and Haptics rate is 1000 Hz
Line 217 is called when I place a breakpoint there. I believe I feel something there via the haptic device, but just see a black window.
A few more things:
- What graphics card model are you using?
- If you run example 08-shaders, do you see a cube with a surface texture?
- Did you install Windows 8.1 yourself or is it a factory installation? If you did a fresh installation, did you explicitly install drivers from the graphic card manufacturer?
- Try compiling the application in 32-bit (just in case!)
- Try compiling the .NET template and let us know if you see any graphics.
- Try running any OpenGL examples that come with Qt 5.5
We will try to test the framework on a system with the same configuration as yours and will keep you updated in the next few days. Let us know if you discover anything new.