CHAI3DCHAI3D

normal Error building latest chai3D relese on VS2013

More
19 Feb 2016 16:57 #1

Hi all!,

I'm trying to experiment with chai3D 3.1.1 under visual studio 2013 (32bit). I followed the steps mentioned in the documentation but still could not build successfully. Getting around 101 errors, I suspect it because of some mismatch during the interface of Chai3D, and freeglut solutions to the project, but I could not troubleshoot. I hope some one can give helpful suggestions!.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2016 17:26 #2

Are you trying to build a project from scratch? Or are you struggling with compiling the existing Visual Studio 2013 project files that come with CHAI3D?

Please send us a copy of the error message you are getting. We will update the instructions if needed.

Thank you.

More
01 Jul 2016 05:00 #3

Hi, My name is Karthik. I am facing the same problem as posted by viniltc. How did you solve it vinilct?

More
01 Jul 2016 18:02 #4

Please make sure that you have installed the necessary C++ development packages for Visual Studio. These options need to be checked when installing the IDE as they seem to be optional in recent releases.

Feel free to post the first few error messages that you get. This may help us understand what is going on.

More
02 Jul 2016 01:06 #5

Initially, the program showed 101 errors. After I put all the dependent libraries in application->external, the error reduced to 1. The error shows
"1 error C1083:Cannot open include file:'GL/glut.h':No such file or directory"
"2 warning C4244:'=':conversion from 'double' to 'int',possible loss of data"
But, just like I added other dependent libraries, I also included application -> external -> freeglut. But, I am not sure why the above error and warning shows up. I am also not sure if the previous errors(101) were eliminated because I copied the dependent libraries to the location application -> external.

I also have some doubts regarding the steps in the documentation -> installation.

1. "If you wish to use another example instead, make sure to also copy any necessary resource files into the application/bin directory.". Here, what am I expected to do? The application -> bin -> resources already has all the necessary files copied from application -> external -> CHAI3D -> bin -> resources.

2. Add the following directories:

../../external/CHAI3D/src
../../external/CHAI3D/external/Eigen
../../external/CHAI3D/external/glew/include
../../external/CHAI3D/extras/freeglut/include

Here, Am I suppose to exactly copy the above directories or change it according to the location specified in Properties? For eg, Is it C:\Users\Desktop\application\external\CHAI3D\src or ../../external/CHAI3D/src. Is it '\' as indicated in the Properties or '/' as indicated in the procedure? Also, I looked at a computer where my friend works with CHAI3D just to compare/eliminate my errors. There the directory was given by "../../../" instead of "../../".

Please help me with this issue.

More
25 Apr 2017 13:25 #6

There are some errors in the document.
In the tutorials of Creating an Application with Visual studio 2013.
It uses the examples provided with CHAI3D, namely CHAI3D/examples/GLUT/13-primitives.
In the tutorial, they said this project depend on project CHAI3d and FREEGLUT, but actually, this project is depend on project CHAI3D and GLFW.
Thus, what you can do is delete the project FREEGLUT and add project GLFW as the dependency.